Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Welcome Baby Bishop!

Bishop Charles Gill

One of my best friends, Heather Gill and her husband, Pete, welcomed their precious baby boy into the world on Saturday, May 16th in Orlando, FL! His name is Bishop Charles Gill and he weighed 7 lbs. 10 oz. and was 21 in. long - simply perfect! Of course I loved hearing all about her pregnancy and towards the end I demanded weekly updates - ha! I'm sure she was ready to kill me! And when it came time to deliver, you know I wanted the play by play! Heather really needed a "Stacey" to handle these texting duties, but not everyone is as lucky as me to have her on call ;-) Pete did a great job though - thank you!!

Proud New Parents

Not happy about the diaper change!

As you can tell from my comments above, I was a little antsy to meet my little nephew. That's why when my friend, Kristen (also lives in FTL & grew up with Heath & I in Jax), suggested driving up to Orlando on Sunday to surprise Heath, I JUMPED at the chance. I coordinated with Pete to make sure she was up for it but we did NOT want her to know we were coming! So, we arrived in the early afternoon & when we walked into Heath's hospital room, she was completely SHOCKED & even teared up a little bit. Yay!

The girls & Bishop

It was so good to see her & Pete, their families & meet the new addition that we'd all been waiting for. Bishop is too precious for words & seemed to be adjusting well to the real world. He's so tiny - I miss how small they are when they're born! I wanted to bring him home with me :-) Heath was a natural of course with Bishop & looked amazing! It was great to visit for a few hours - so much better than a phone call! Can't wait to see them all again soon!!

Aunt Jenny & Baby Bishop



1 comment:

  1. What a cute baby :) That was the best surprise! Can't wait to see you guys and Jayda soon! Lots of love~

    ReplyDelete